When it comes to your water heater, it is important to keep up with the maintenance. Water heaters require an annual flush by the manufacturer. Annual flushes will ensure your warranty on your water heater and protect your plumbing system in your home. Flushing your water heater professionally gives your water heater a longer life.
What happens when you don’t flush your water heater?
- A water heater will continue to collect sediment.
- The sediment will escape the water heater and enter the plumbing system. Sediment will cause problems in your house fixtures. Faucets and valves will stop working properly due to the sediment clogging the fixtures. Sediment can cause further problems of damaging the cartridges in your faucets, showers, and tubs.
- The sediment will speed up the process of destroying the anode rod in the water heater. Water heaters rely on the anode rod to protect the tank. When the anode rod stops working the tank starts to corrode. This corrosion is the first stage of your tank going out. When the water heater tank goes out, you risk house damage.
- If a water heater flush is not performed annually, the tank will collect large amounts of sediment that will begin to grow in size. After a time, these larger pieces of sediment become too large to flush from the system.
- Sediment in the water heater will begin to close your temperature and pressure relief valve (T&P valve). The T&P valve is a very important valve to your water heater. If the water heater builds up too much pressure and the valve does not function properly, the tank could build up enough pressure to explode.
What is the benefit of a professional annual water heater flush?
- Flushing the water heater annually will ensure that the flush is successful. The tank will have less time to accumulate large particles of sediment.
- The warranty of your water heater is guaranteed to be honored by the manufacturer.
- When a professional plumber flushes a water heater, a water heater inspection is performed. The flush gives you a chance for a plumber to catch any problems that need service before it’s too late.
- During a water heater flush, this is a great time to receive a free home inspection to make sure there are no other plumbing problems in your home. Texas Strong Plumbing will gladly check your home to help prevent future problems to your home.
If you live in Katy Texas or the surrounding areas of Katy Texas you can call Texas Strong Plumbing to schedule your annual water heater service. We take Texas pride in what we do. When flushing your water heater, we put the extra effort needed to ensure the safety of your family and home. You can feel confident if there is a problem we will find it. You can also rest assured knowing we will provide clean, professional plumbing service at an affordable price. We will not try to sell you anything you don’t need. So, if you're located in any of the areas listed below call today at 281-241-1641.
Texas Strong Plumbing Areas of Service:
- Katy Texas
- Sugarland Texas
- Richmond Texas
- Rosenberg Texas
- Sealy Texas
- Orchard Texas
- Hockley Texas
- Houston Texas
- Fulshear Texas
- Bellville Texas